Construction and commercial law useful links.
CONSTRUCTION AND COMMERCIAL LAW
- Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal [http://www.vcat.vic.gov.au/]
Deals with disputes about domestic building issues as well as consumer matters, credit discrimination, guardianship/administration and residential and retail tenancies.
- Supreme Court of Victoria [http://www.supremecourt.vic.gov.au/]
Check the court daily list, sittings and contacts and unreported judgments.
- County Court of Victoria [http://www.countycourt.vic.gov.au/]
View Court lists and sittings, find out information about fees and costs, download forms.
- Building Adjudication Victoria [http://www.bav.org.au]
BAV provides an independent panel of lawyers who are experts in construction law to act as adjudicators under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.
- Building Dispute Practitioners Society [http://www.bdps.com.au]
A forum for discussing problems affecting the resolutions of disputes arising from building and engineering works.
- Master Builders Association of Victoria [http://www.mbav.com.au/MbavLeadin.aspx]
Victoria’s peak building and construction industry body.
- Housing Industry Association (HIA) [http://www.hia.com.au]
Information, advice and advocacy for the residential housing industry.